You can upload to Super Renders Farm your packed files. Read below for instructions.
Packing a Blender project makes sure all external assets are included in the file. Depending on the kind of assets used in your project (external textures, linked libraries, fonts, video/image sequence textures), you may need to do one or all the steps below to complete the process.
1. In order to pack your textures, please use the menu command File -> External Data -> Pack into .blend file.
2. When using linked libraries, it's possible to pack them in the .blend file. Here's how to do it:
- Make sure all linked libraries have the textures packed. If needed, pack them individually using the instructions from step 1
- Use the "Pack Blender Libraries" command. This command is not present in the main menu, so you need to press spacebar and then search for it.
3. Fonts are packed automatically with the command from step 1, in Blender versions after 2.72.
If you are using an older version of Blender, you should note that fonts cannot be packed in the .blend files. This is a limitation of Blender. If you prefer to use packed files and use fonts, the only workaround for this is to convert the fonts to curves. Here's how to do it:
- Select the object
- Press alt-C on your keyboard
- This brings up the contextual menu for converting the text
- Select "curves from mesh/text" or "mesh from text"
- Both options should work. Choose one based on what suits you best, the mesh or curve object
After going through steps 1-3 you must save the file.
4. Video textures, as well as image sequence textures do not get packed in the .blend file. If you use such textures, consider uploading the files unpacked instead.
Also, PSD textures
are not supported on Linux, so we recommend converting them to another format. All other image formats work as expected.
3rd party add-ons are supported on a case by case basis. Most add-ons work 'out of the box'. In case your project uses an add-on that doesn't work directly, please get in touch with us
and let us know. Note that for add-ons that use scripting, scripts need to be enabled for your Super account.
When all data has been correctly packed, you can upload the file to our farm
and get ready to happily render with us.
Start Rendering with Super Renders Farm: